About Rep. Chris Corry
Rep. Chris Corry is serving his third term as state representative for the 14th Legislative District, which includes most of Yakima County, and all of Klickitat County.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Washington, where he met his wife Jennica. Their career paths took them to Southern California. After a few years, looking for a better environment to raise his family, Chris moved to Yakima. As a passionate supporter of our state and national Constitutions, Chris was inspired to get into politics to serve the Central Washington communities he loves.
Chris’ legislative priorities include:
- Protecting parental rights
- Providing an effective and fully funded K-12 education system
- Providing law enforcement with the necessary tools to ensure public safety
- Reducing taxes and irresponsible budget growth
- Encouraging job growth by protecting people and businesses from taxes and regulations
- Emergency powers reforms that create more balance between the Executive and Legislative branches to ensure all the people of Washington state are represented
- Prioritizing the rehiring of state workers who lost jobs due to the terminated COVID-19 vaccination mandate for state employees
- Improving Washington’s mental health system
Chris believes in community and volunteers with several local non-profits, such as the Salvation Army and Crime Stoppers of Yakima County. He also serves as a board member for the Central Washington Fair Association.
Chris and his wife, Jennica, live in Yakima and have four children.