Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Several people have contacted me this week looking for more information on how to take part in the virtual 2021 session. The list below was developed by the Legislative Information Center. It includes resources that can help you navigate the Washington State Legislature's remote 2021 Legislative Session.
Understanding the process
New to how the Legislature operates? Start here!
- Legislative Process (Video)
- How a Bill Becomes a Law (text)
- Overview of Legislative Process (text)
- Cutoff Calendar | The cutoff calendar shows dates and deadline of significance in the legislative process
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
Watching and participating
See all the action and have your voice heard!
- Watch gavel to gavel coverage of legislative session on TVW streaming or on Television
- Watch TVW Coverage of Senate Sessions
- Watch TVW Coverage of House Sessions
- Participate by testifying in a committee (Virtually) Get Detailed Instructions
- Participate by voicing your opinion on a bill
- Participate by knowing who your legislators are
- Citizen's Guide to Effective Legislative Participation
- Find ADA accommodation and information
Know where your bills are so you can watch and take part effectively.
- Bill Tracking Video
- Floor Activity Report:
- House Floor Activity Calendar
- Senate Floor Activity Calendar
- Committee Schedules
Contacting Your Legislator
Start a Dialogue With Your Elected Officials.
- Contact Your legislators to Schedule a Virtual Visit
- Call and leave a message for your legislators via the Hotline: 1.800.562.6000
- Who are the legislators that represent me and my district?
The 2021 virtual session is like no other before it. While meeting remotely presents problems for both lawmakers and the people they represent, it does not mean you can't be involved. If you have any problems accessing the information listed above or need additional help, contact me. I'm glad to help.
In your service.