About Rep. Chris Corry
Rep. Chris Corry is serving his third term as state representative for the 14th Legislative District, which includes most of Yakima County, all of Klickitat and Skamania counties, and a small portion of Eastern Clark County.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of Washington, Chris’ career path took him to Southern California, where he met his wife Jennica. After a few years, looking for a better environment to raise a family, Chris moved back to Yakima. As a passionate supporter of our state and national Constitutions, Chris was inspired to get into politics to serve the Central Washington communities he loves.
Chris’ legislative priorities include:
- Reducing taxes and irresponsible budget growth
- Encouraging job growth by protecting people and businesses from taxes and regulations
- Emergency powers reforms that create more balance between the Executive and Legislative branches to ensure all the people of Washington state are represented
- Prioritizing the rehiring of state workers who lost jobs due to the terminated COVID-19 vaccination mandate for state employees
- Providing effective and fully funded K-12 education system
- Providing law enforcement with the necessary tools to ensure public safety
- Improving Washington’s mental health system
- Protecting parental rights
With over fourteen years of experience in the insurance industry, Chris advises clients on risk management and how best to protect their employees and businesses. Chris believes in community and volunteers with a several of non-profits, such as the West Valley Citizens for better schools. He also serves as a board member of SW Rotary and Crime Stoppers of Yakima County.
Chris and his wife, Jennica, live in Yakima and have three children.